Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day Three

I spent a lot of time on the highway today.  It was a bad day for commuters.  At least two accidents on the road, plus one civilian plowed down by a train.  That's in addition, of course, to the various ongoing construction projects in the area.  Etc., etc.  All the same, I enjoyed weaving through the traffic, passing slower H. sapiens, listening my music, and losing myself in what a teacher of mine once called "the dance of the things."  I enjoyed it, but it left me aching for still more adventure.  The Overlords, I think, are getting tired of my lack of progress.  I must see to it that I continue to please them.  They have mandated adventure, and so adventure will I seek. 

 
Yesterday, I saw some old friends.  We played games, we drank, we trespassed.  We engaged in all sorts of behaviors that are more or less mandatory for the only kind of social mode with which I feel comfortable.  Perhaps I ought to think about that.  Implications...

I went to have a look at that retreat today.  It was rather rustic, with farm animals ambling fearlessly in the middle of the road.  This angered me, however, as I was in a hurry, and I cursed the stupidity, the the audacity, the sheer arrogance of those foolish creatures.  Normally I am quite the lover of all God's creatures, but in that particular moment, I was irate and impatient.  Now I'm not sure if the retreat will be the place for me.  It might provide respite from the Overlords, but it will certainly do nothing for my increasing sense of claustrophobia and ennui.  That, I think, will require that I travel a bit further afield.  

No comments: